STIR all ingredients with ice and strain into chilled glass.
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh cherries are key to a flavorful Cherry Martini. Avoid using artificial cherry flavors or cherries from a jar.
- Muddle the cherries: Muddling the cherries helps release their juices and enhances the flavor of the cocktail. Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to gently mash the cherries in the shaker.
- Balance the sweetness: Cherry Martinis can become too sweet if not properly balanced. Add a bit of lemon juice or a splash of bitters to counteract the sweetness and add depth to the cocktail.
- Choose the right alcohol: Opt for a high-quality vodka or gin for your Cherry Martini. The choice between the two will depend on your personal preference. Gin will add more botanical notes, while vodka will let the cherry flavor shine through.
- Shake vigorously: Ensure that your shaker is well-sealed and shake the cocktail vigorously for at least 20-30 seconds. This will help chill the drink and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Strain before serving: Use a fine-mesh strainer to remove any small fruit pieces or ice crystals from the cocktail when pouring it into a martini glass. This will give your Cherry Martini a smooth and professional appearance.
- Garnish with flair: To elevate the presentation of your Cherry Martini, consider garnishing it with a fresh cherry skewered on a cocktail pick or a twist of lemon peel. It adds visual appeal and a hint of extra flavor.
- Serve chilled: Cherry Martinis are best enjoyed when they are ice-cold. Ensure that your glass and ingredients are properly chilled before making the cocktail and serve it immediately after preparation.