Iced Sake Martini
The origin of the Iced Sake Martini is a contemporary cocktail that merges the traditional Japanese rice wine, sake, with the classic Martini. Although the exact origins and creator of this cocktail are unclear, it is believed to have emerged during the rise of the mixology movement in the late 20th century.
STIR all ingredients with ice and strain into chilled glass.
NoteTo prepare a better Iced Sake Martini, consider the following tips:
- Choose high-quality ingredients: Opt for a premium sake and a quality vodka to enhance the overall taste of your cocktail.
- Chill your glasses: Before serving the cocktail, ensure your glasses are properly chilled. You can do this by placing them in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Measure accurately: Use a jigger or measuring tool to accurately measure the ingredients. This ensures a well-balanced cocktail.
- Mix sake and vodka with care: Gently stir the sake and vodka together in a mixing glass. Be careful not to overmix, as you don't want to bruise the flavors.
- Include a touch of sweetness: Add a hint of sweetness by including a splash of simple syrup or a few drops of honey. This balances the flavors and adds depth to your cocktail.
- Add ice: Fill your chilled glasses with ice cubes or crushed ice. This helps to keep the cocktail cool and refreshing.
- Garnish creatively: Experiment with garnishes like citrus zest, cucumber slices, or even edible flowers to elevate the presentation and aroma of your cocktail.
- Experiment with ratios: Feel free to adjust the ratios of sake and vodka based on your personal taste preferences. A 2:1 sake to vodka ratio is a good starting point.
- Serve immediately: Serve your Iced Sake Martini immediately after preparation to enjoy the full flavors and freshness.