Avocado oil is not as popular and known as, for example, olive oil, but it is no less flavorful and delicious. It can be safely used instead of other vegetable oils, butter and even margarine. Due to its oleic acid, avocado oil will not burn as quickly as many other oils. It is also able to withstand high temperatures without breaking down or losing its health benefits. Due to its many properties, avocado oil is nowadays widely used not only in cooking but also in cosmetology.
Table of Contents
The benefits of avocado oil
Avocado oil, like the fruit itself, is rich in vitamins A, E, D and contains a lot of lecithin, potassium and lipids to keep the face and body young. Like other natural oils, it is rich in various nutrients and is able to penetrate deep into the skin, making it healthier and more beautiful. In addition, avocado oil has many other health benefits.
The 8 health benefits of avocado oil
- Reduces cholesterol levels. Avocado oil is high in monounsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. In addition, it does not contain cholesterol. Adding this oil to your diet can help lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or so-called “bad” cholesterol. Thus, avocado oil is great for people with diabetes.
- Reduces blood pressure. Avocado oil is high in potassium and vitamin E, which keep blood vessels healthy by destroying free radicals. Diets containing avocado oil are beneficial to the kidneys. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Detoxification of the body. Avocado oil contains chlorophyll, a natural source of magnesium that can naturally remove heavy metals such as mercury and lead from the liver, kidneys, brain and other organs.
- It helps fight cancer cells. Avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid (or Omega-9), which is also found in olive oil. Oleic acid and Omega-3 fatty acids are well-known anti-carcinogens that help inhibit the growth of cancer cells, especially those that cause breast and colon cancer.
- Treats skin lesions and irritations. Avocado oil absorbs quickly and penetrates deep into the skin unlike most other moisturizers and oils. It treats dryness, flaking, sunburn, and helps fight age spots and scars. The omega-3 and vitamin E found in avocado oil help treat eczema, psoriasis, cracked heels, dandruff, and insect bites. Rub a small amount of oil directly into your skin or add a few drops to a full bath. For the best moisturizing, mix avocado oil with olive oil and rub the mixture into your skin immediately after bathing.
- Fights wrinkles. The high level of protein in avocado oil combined with various amino acids promotes tissue regeneration and cell renewal. In addition, avocado oil, thanks to vitamins A and D, increases the rate of collagen production in the body. Consumption or topical application of avocado oil can slow down the aging process of your skin.
- Stimulates weight loss. Due to its consistency and composition, avocado oil helps a person to get rid of hunger for a long time. And the vitamins, minerals and monounsaturated fatty acids it contains can improve digestion.
- Increases the absorption of nutrients. The high levels of monounsaturated fats in avocado oil help your body absorb key fat-soluble vitamins and nutrients.
How to use avocado oil correctly?
Avocado oil does not have a strong taste or smell, so it can be used all over the place, including:
- Fry with it;
- Use it in baking;
- Use it as a moisturizing oil;
- Use as a hair conditioner or mask;
- To use as a bath oil;
- Use as a marinade;
- Add as a dressing to a salad.
Adding avocado oil to your diet can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, arthritis, yellow spot degeneration and gum disease.
Avocado oil and it’s impact on collagen
One of the most important factors for healthy and supple skin is the adequate availability of collagen. The nutrients present in avocado oil help increase collagen production in the body, which acts as a barrier to many signs of aging, such as wrinkles and dry skin.
The sterolins present in it moisturize the skin and keep it soft and hydrated. Thus, for those who suffer from dry skin, an avocado oil massage is the perfect solution. The most common skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis are accompanied by dry and itchy skin, they can be successfully treated with avocado oil.
Sunburns and skin blemishes can be removed by regularly massaging the affected area with avocado oil, which has properties that stimulate skin regeneration and circulation. Although recovery may take several months, the results will be worth it.
You can also strengthen your cream and lotion by adding a few drops of avocado oil to them. This way, it’s easy to provide complete skin care even if you don’t have time for a body massage. You can mix the oil with the cream and apply it before going to bed, and you will get fresh and flawless skin in the morning.
Shiny and lush hair is an essential part of beauty and health. Avocado oil can be used effectively to take proper care of your hair. Just take a few drops of this oil and use your fingers to massage your scalp. You can also mix it with shampoo and conditioner before using them this will keep your hair moisturized. If you suffer from dry and itchy scalp, massaging with avocado oil will get rid of this problem. Actively using it in the care of your body can effectively maintain health and beauty.